Harry – Meghan made Queen Elizabeth angry before she passed away after breaking the news

On January 16, Daily Mail reporter Rebecca English said that many of the Queen’s grandchildren and

great-granddaughters were given the middle name Elizabeth to express their love and pride for the late monarch.

However, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle went too far by calling their youngest daughter Lilibet – a name that is especially private for the Queen, used only by her closest family and friends.

According to English, the Queen was so upset by the Sussexes’ decision that she complained to her aides: “I don’t own the palace or the paintings.

The only thing I own is my name. And now they have taken that away.”

The royal reporter said that Harry and Meghan did not mean to make their grandmother sad by doing so.

Maybe the free life of showbiz made them not think that such a gesture would unintentionally offend the late Queen of England.

Previously, veteran Daily Mail writer Robert Hardman also revealed the same thing in the new biography Charles III: New King, New Court. The Inside Story.

Hardman said a member of the Queen’s staff told him she had never been angrier after the Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced they had been given the go-ahead to name their youngest daughter Lilibet. .

Go back in time to the second half of 2021, when Harry and Meghan revealed their daughter’s name. Many British newspapers have questioned whether they have received permission from Queen Elizabeth. The Sussexes ignored the noise until the BBC spoke up.

BBC royal correspondent Jonny Dymond, citing palace sources, confirmed that the Queen was never consulted by Harry and Meghan about using her childhood nickname.

In response, a spokesperson for the Sussex family criticized the BBC, emphasizing that the Queen was the first member of the royal family that Harry called to announce the baby’s birth. The red-haired prince confirmed that he expressed his wish to name his daughter Lilibet in honor of the Queen. “If she didn’t support it, they wouldn’t have used the name,” the spokesman said.

Then, through law firm Schillings, they sent a letter to the BBC and other media warning of legal action if they continued to report false and defamatory news. However, when the Sussexes tried to persuade the palace to take their side, they were refused. Since then, threats of legal action have disappeared. The Sussexes also did not take any action against the BBC, although the broadcaster continued to ask questions when Harry and Meghan registered the domain name Lilibet Diana on the Internet.

Currently, Harry and Meghan have not commented on the revelations in Robert Hardman’s new book. However, Rebecca English judges this to be a sad noise when a child’s name causes hatred within the royal family. Little Princess Lilibet doesn’t deserve to suffer this.

“The fact that trusted staff are talking about it even now shows that many people view the Sussexes’ behavior towards the late Queen as wrong, even unforgivable in the twilight of the monarchy. the dynasty she built,” English concluded.

 Follow us to see more useful information, as well as to give us more motivation to update more useful information for you.

Source: New York Post

Related Posts

Scarlett Johansson calls for a ‘hot’ co-host for Jenna Bush Hager

Scarlett Johansson Calls for a ‘Hot’ Co-Host for Jenna Bush Hager In a candid discussion that captured the attention of the media world, Scarlett Johansson has voiced…

Brad Pitt ‘happy’ and ‘thriving’ with girlfriend Ines de Ramon after divorcing Angelina Jolie (Source)

Brad Pitt ‘Happy’ and ‘Thriving’ with Girlfriend Ines de Ramon After Divorcing Angelina Jolie Brad Pitt, the iconic Hollywood actor, finds himself in a new phase of…

ABC News’ latest hire leaves insiders reeling after layoffs: ‘Nobody knows who she is!’

ABC News’ Latest Hire Leaves Insiders Reeling After Layoffs: ‘Nobody Knows Who She Is!’ ABC News has made waves with their latest appointment, leaving many insiders taken…

Scarlett Johansson reveals she has a strict rule to keep her daughter safe

Scarlett Johansson Reveals She Has a Strict Rule to Keep Her Daughter Safe Scarlett Johansson, the acclaimed actress known for her roles in films such as “Lost…

Scarlett Johansson speaks out on choosing a permanent co-host for Jenna Bush Hager

Scarlett Johansson Speaks Out on Choosing a Permanent Co-host for Jenna Bush Hager In the world of morning television, dynamic partnerships can significantly influence a show’s success….

Michael Strahan opens up about his daughter’s cancer battle

Michael Strahan Opens Up About His Daughter’s Cancer Battle Michael Strahan, the beloved former NFL player and television personality, has recently shared the deeply personal journey of…

error: Content is protected !!